Love: an intense feeling of deep affection.
Love is exchanged in many different relationships in our lives. There’s the love between a parent and child, love between significant others, the love between trusted family and friends. The list is endless. Perhaps the most important relationship to offer love is that in which you have with yourself.
Below are 10 ways you can show yourself some love by doing a little self care
- Sleep Well: Since your body does most of it’s healing when you are sleeping having a restful night will do wonders for your body both on a physical and emotional level.
- Fuel Your Body: When I think about his concept I always think about my Suburu. Hang in there I do have a good point. I promise! Your vehicle needs fuel to run properly. When you think about it your body is your vehicle in this life. Just as you would purchase good fuel for your car, truck, ect… you should nourish your body with good clean healthy food to give yourself the fuel to get through the day.
- Relax and Recoup: Taking time out of your day to provide yourself with some relaxation will help to regeneration your energy levels.
- Declare Your Love: Sometimes it maybe easier said than done but telling yourself everyday something that you love about yourself is a great way to show self love.
- Spend Time in Nature: Spending at least 5 minutes out in the beauty of nature is proven to change your energy levels and lighten your mood.
- Be Present: Take time to be present in the moment. Using your senses tune into your surroundings as well as your body. This is still a work in progress for me.
- Take Stock: Think about the people in your life. Do you have a group of people you can truly turn to for support?
- Build Your Tribe: If you find that you do not have a group of people to turn to start to build that tribe around yourself.
- Express Gratitude: Thinking and expressing how grateful you are for things that happen in your everyday will go a long way in being kind with yourself.
- Go Beyond: Going beyond to me is stepping outside of your comfort zone. When you do it creates an opportunity for so much growth to occur.
I invite you to join us for a self-care challenge in the Momassage Community Group on Facebook.