As I am sitting here listening to my daughter play I can’t help but think about everything I have achieved thus far. My mind naturally wanders to what I still want to achieve. This has brought me making my Commitment List for 2017. This list includes the 2 major area of my life that I feel needs some work.
Commitment to Myself
As a single mother I have found it very difficult to make time for myself the last 4 years. Luckily, in the last few months I have seen the light at the end of a very long tunnel. I have started working towards improvements in the following areas:
• Fitness (personal training sessions, Karadio class)
• Meal planning and water intake
• Journal more
• More quality time with Vivienne
• Releasing emotional road blocks
Committing to My Business
I made a huge commitment to my business at the end of 2015 when I ended a 10 year run working at a local spa and put my focus solely into my business. Before I knew it the year has passed and I am sitting her sharing my commitments for the next year. I look forward to working on the following areas this year.
• Make myself more present
• Conduct a live Consciously Conceiving Workshop
• Conduct Coming of Age Workshops
• Teaching Momassage Continuing Education Classes
• Be more consistent
You may be asking yourself why I’m sharing this with you. Well, it’s simple really if I share it then it holds me accountable. In many ways who better to be accountable to than YOU my clients. Also, more importantly I am committed to sharing more of myself with you. In doing so I hope to give you a glimpse of the type of person I am and how that has molded me into the massage therapist I am today.
Below I will share the 6 simple steps I use to help me stick to my commitments.
1. Write it down: Writing down your goal or commitment adds validation to your idea. After you have written it down I recommend placing it in a place where you will see it everyday so the energy of wanting to commit to your goal will be there every time you see it.
2. Make A Plan: Once you have your goal in mind make step by step plan of how you are going to achieve that goal. Again write it down and place it somewhere you will see it everyday.
3. Find A Partner: Find someone that will hold you accountable to your goal.
4. Check In With Yourself: How do you feel about this particular goal along your journey. Ask yourself if there is anything that may be emotionally blocking your from keeping your from your commitment?
5. Revise When Needed: Know that even though your goal may not change sometimes that path to get there may need revised.
6. Celebrate Your Success: Remember to celebrate the small successes along the way as well as your success in reaching your goal.
Join me here on my Facebook page so we may share our 2017 journey together.